Roulette online is not significantly different from the one, which is played in casinos all over the world. However, its rules may vary from country to country, from one casino to another. The best part about an online version is that it is absolutely free of charge and you can use a trial version before making a deposit. This free online roulette is available in most of the casinos and you can either download the game or use a flash variation.
Recommended Online Casinos with Online Roulette
Roulette is one of the most popular and yet simplest casino games ever, so you won’t find its rules difficult or complicated. The main idea is to place your bets and wait until the ball lands on a certain number on the wheel. However, you shouldn’t consider this game purely a game of chance, because further we are going to discuss the main strategies and tips of how to get maximum out of the game!
You can bet on a single number or a range of them, on black or red, on even or odds and so on. Most people bet on numbers, which are important for them, like birthdays, anniversaries and much more. Others prefer to stick to ‘zero’. There is a chance to make inside and straight-up bets, split, street or corner bets and many others.
The wheel differs according to the place, where it originated from and two variations are called American and European roulettes. For example, in the first variation, the wheel has an extra space, called the ‘double zero’ with an extra 00 slot. It is called a 38-pocket wheel. The European version has a 37-pocket wheel and has only one zero pocket. However, the main difference is the house edge: while in American version it makes up 5,26%, a European version has 2,7%, which makes it more attractive and easier to win. European version also has the ‘En Prison’ rule and it appears when the player makes an even bet, when the ball lands on zero. When the bet is completed, it is ‘imprisoned’ until the next bet wins. In such a case, the player gets a chance to have his imprisoned chips back.
In addition, there are such variations as California, Vegas, French roulette and much more. Most of the casinos will surely advice you to choose a European version to start with, because it will increase your profits faster and your funds will be safer.
Play like a pro. Tips&Tricks
You are probably aware that there are multiple roulette tips and advices, which may help players improve the game and earn as much as possible. That is why it would be not wise to neglect such tips and we will gladly provide you with a list of the main rules, which will surely help you win:
- Be prepared to play roulette online. It sounds boring but can be of a great help, because knowing all the rules and strategies may give you a huge benefit. Despite the fact that roulette is mostly a game to try your luck, there are some things, which may help you improve your skills;
- Decide what game variation you are going to play. You already know the difference between European and American roulette, so it won’t be difficult for you to understand which one will be more preferable;
- Spend some time to look for a reliable website. All other tips will be meaningful if you choose a fraud casino. You will waste your time and nerves instead of spending a quality time. Read online reviews, talk to your friends and select online casino roulette you can trust;
- Read all the terms and conditions carefully. Different websites may have a totally different approach and you need to be aware what they offer not to be fooled. Contact the support team for more details if needed;
- Have fun! Too many players concentrate on the result, forgetting that it’s not about the money: it’s about the pleasure and joy they obtain, while playing their favorite games! Roulette is just a game, so you need to enjoy the process regardless of whether you win or lose.
Another useful advice will be to pay attention to how other users play. Their approach, behavior and commends can help you shape your own rules. In the end, no one else knows your aspirations better than you do.
You are almost right to think that roulette is a game of luck and it is very difficult to predict the outcome. However, there are dozens of strategies, which help experienced players to win. These strategies aim to tell players where to bet. Today we will describe five main strategies, which can be used both by professional players and by those, who are only getting familiar with casino roulette online.
- The D’Alembert strategy. This strategy is safer than others and is based on arithmetical principles. The main rule is to increase your bet by 1 every time you lose. As an even chance betting strategy, you can place your bet on even or odd numbers. Every time you win, decrease your bet and vice versa. For example, if you bet NZ$10 on black and lose, you bet NZ$11. If you win, get back to NZ$10 on black again. Eventually, the number of your wins and losses will be equal and you will have a profit.
- The Martingale Strategy. It is probably the most popular roulette strategy and it gives any player a chance to make a profit after continuous losses. The main idea is to double bets in a 50/50 chance game. This means that you should continue placing your bet on a certain color until you are able to make a profit (by doubling the bet after losing). However, you may reach a maximum bet or lack money;
- The reverse Martingale Strategy. As you already understand from its name, this strategy is totally opposite to the second one and means that you need to increase your bets when you win and decrease them when you lose. The main aim of this method is to make your profits higher if you are on a winning spree or make the losses lower if you fail. Try to find a table with a low bet and steadily increase it. Continue doubling the bet every time you win;
- The Fibonacci strategy. You have probably heard of this prominent mathematician, who has introduced an interesting number sequence, which is now used in multiple ways, including roulette. Numbers in this sequence are formed by adding two last digits: 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21 and so on. If you lose, you need to bet back. You should start the game by placing a small bet on black or red, choosing even or odd numbers;
- The James Bond Strategy. Ian Fleming, author of James Bond series, states that this strategy will guarantee you a good dinner every time you play. However, you need to have minimum NZ$ 200 to use this strategy. First, you need to bid NZ$140 on numbers from 19 to 36. Then place $50 on numbers 13-18 and $10 on 0. You will lose only if the number is between 1 and 12. In other cases, you will win NZ$ 80 if the number is 19-36, $100, if 13-18 and $160, if 0. Apply Martingale strategy if you lose.
As you see, all these roulette rules and strategies have both benefits and flaws, so you need to study them carefully before applying on practice. However, you need to remember that these strategies don’t guarantee that you will make a profit, so you should always remember that it is just a game, created for you to have fun!
The history behind creating this unique game is more than interesting. Originally, the word ‘roulette’ is of a French origin and means ‘little wheel’. This word appeared in the 18th century due to Blaise Pascal and his motion machine, which had a circular shape. First, it was played across Europe and reached the US only one century later. This red and black wheel conquered minds of thousands of players due to its simplicity and speed. However, Americans decided to improve the game and added a green pocket, which lead to creation of two variations, as we know them: European and American roulette. Now it is played in casinos all over the world and has remained the most popular game for centuries.